Skip to content
- What is the ‘See what I see’ competition and how do I enter?
‘See what I see’ is a national prize competition for children aged 5-16, organised jointly by Bath Spa University and The Royal Fine Art Commission Trust. You can enter completing the entry form. IMPORTANT NOTE: All entry forms need to be completed by an adult on behalf of the child participant.
- What are the prizes for ‘See what I see’?
There will be three prizes for each category of this competition, and one prize for an overall competition winner. Details of the prizes are available here. Also, all winning and commended entries will be published online, in our virtual ‘Gallery‘
- How are the entries judged?
Information about who will be judging your entry and the three criteria – creativity, critical engagement and imagination – can be found here.
- When will you announce the competition winners?
Winners will be notified within three weeks of the competition’s closing date.
- Can an adult help a child with their design?
We expect that adults might encourage children to take part in the competition and for the children to talk through their ideas with adults. We also envisage that children in the younger category (5-8 year olds) may request support in developing their design from the adults around them. However, please note that, for all categories, the entry which is submitted for the competition needs to be original artwork that is designed and produced by the child entrant.
- Can children with special needs or learning disabilities take part in the competition?
Yes. This competition is open to children aged 5-16 years old, irrespective of ability. At Bath Spa University, we have expertise in special education needs and learning disabilities and we truly believe that the judging criteria – creativity, engagement and imagination – are highly inclusive and applicable to all entrants.
- I can’t find the ‘submit’ button.
Information about how to enter the competition can be found on our ‘The Competition’ page. However, you can also just click here to complete the entry form now. ***COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED***
- Do I need a google account to submit my entry?
Yes. This is because we are using Google Form as our submission method. This means that you will need to be signed into your Google accounts before you can upload files. Don’t worry if you do not have a Google account – they are free and you can even use your existing email address to create an account. It only takes a few minutes.
- I made a mistake on my entry form – can I change it?
Once submitted, you will not be able to make any further changes to your submission.
- How many files can I submit?
You should submit only one piece of artwork/design, but you can also send us a picture of what your environment currently looks like, before your proposed improvements.
- I’m having problems submitting my entry.
Please email email@example.com and we will make every effort to help.
- I’ve sent in my entry – when will I hear back?
When you submit your entry, you will see an automated message thanking you for participating. The parents/guardians/carers/teachers of all winners will be contacted by the organisers within 3 weeks of the closing date of the competition.
- Why do you need personal information?
- How long will you keep my entry form and my submission?